华盛顿大学中国学生学者联谊会(简称华大中国联谊会)是在华盛顿大学学生联合会注册的合法组织。华大中国联谊会建于20 世纪80 年代初，现有会员3600 余人。大部分的会员都是在华大学习的中国学生、学者和毕业后在西雅图工作的中国人。
联谊会工作的理念是：服务与奉献。为了丰富中国留学生们的课外生活，加强留学生们彼此的沟通，华大中国联谊会经常组织各种各样的活动，同时这些活动也得到了中国驻旧金山领事馆和华大，以及当 地侨界和公司的大力支持。一般来说，常规的活动包括春节联欢晚会，迎新晚会，卡拉OK 大赛，舞会，BBQ，体育赛事。除了组织丰富多彩的活动外，华大中国联谊会还为留学生们提供各种服务信息。例如：电子邮件周报 （Newsletter），BBS，新生入学指导，以及各种俱乐部等等。
The Chinese Students and Scholars Association at University of Washington (UWCSSA) was founded in 1984 by Chinese students and scholars at University of Washington. It is an independent, non-profit organization officially registered at the student association of University of Washington.
We are committed to promoting mutual understanding, mutual assistance, and mutual benefits among CSSA-UW members, and we are dedicated to contributing to cultural diversity of the University of Washington, and the greater Seattle area.
- Our goals are to:
- Assist CSSA-UW members to smoothly and successfully adapt to their lives here in the greater Seattle area by providing all aspects of services to them;
- Improve CSSA-UW members’ lives here by holding various social activities to enhance mutual friendships;
- Enhance the members’ relationships with people in the community by networking with other Chinese in the greater Seattle area and anyone who is interested in Chinese culture or in promoting friendship with Chinese students and scholars; and
- Facilitate cultural exchange between Chinese and American people by introducing Chinese culture, philosophy, art, and history to UW and the local community.
Currently, we have over 3,600 members, mostly Chinese students and scholars studying or working at UW or having graduated from UW, but also including families and friends of Chinese students and scholars at UW. We also have close ties with local Chinese community and have contacts with several other major Chinese organizations in the greater Seattle area. With our large membership, CSSA-UW has been playing an active and influential role in sponsoring and organizing activities on the UW campus as well as in the Chinese community of the greater Seattle area, mobilizing local Chinese community and promoting Chinese culture.
To reach our goals, CSSA-UW provides various services and organizes various activities to its members as well as Chinese community in greater Seattle area.
- Our major services include:
- Parties for celebration of major Chinese festivals;
- Orientation and reception to new Chinese students or scholars, including consultation for new students;
- Entertainment, sports and game activities;
- Distributing various information/messages, ranging from cultural activities in local Chinese community, job opportunities in Seattle, to housing and yard selling information from/to members via the mailing list and the CSSA discussion board;
- Sponsoring various seminars or presentations related to Chinese students, such as seminars on visa application, or on career development;
- Supporting or coordinating Chinese students to participate in cross-cultural activities on UW campus.
Over the years CSSA-UW has organized many large events, including the annually New Student Welcome Party and the Chinese New Year Celebration, which attracted hundreds of students, scholars, and Chinese professionals in the greater Seattle area, as well as VIPs including the consul of China San Francisco.
Besides these annually large events, we also regularly organize and coordinate some social activities, ranging from weekly ping pong games and soccer games, to quarterly or semi-quarterly Chinese movie shows, dancing parties, and outdoor trips.
We are looking forward to welcoming more new members to provide services to more fellow Chinese students and scholars, and to reaching out more into the local community to further promote understanding of Chinese culture in the Seattle area.